Grades (Random Thoughts)
- More worried about mastery than playing the points game. Can the student successfully complete a certain mathematics problem? Yes or No. If yes, great, let's move on. If no, then we need to work to strengthen that student's weakness.
- How do I put this into a gradebook which deals strictly with points, percents, etc.? Where is the opportunity to write comments, observations .... feedback, feedback, feedback?
- Core standards, Intermediate standards, Advanced standards
- core - base skills that everyone is expected to be able to solve
- intermediate - more complex than core (i.e. fractions, decimals, etc.)
- advanced - complex, challenging
- Want to try something like the equation below to formulate overall grades for units (again goes to how to show this in my online gradebook) ...
- Creation of the core, intermediate, advanced standards also something I need to address.